e2v line scan cameras available with a new frame grabber-less NBASE-T™ interface
27th October 2016
From November 2016, e2v’s UNiiQA+ and ELiiXA+ colour line scan cameras will be available with an NBASE-T™ Ethernet frame grabber-less interface. This will provide customers with a more cost effective solution to transmit uncompressed, high bandwidth images from the cameras into their systems at the highest possible speeds. The new cameras join the existing CameraLink (ELiiXA+ and UNiiQA+) and CoaXPress (ELiiXA+) models.
To maintain a competitive advantage, industry leaders in the machine vision market must continuously improve defect detection accuracy and reduce the cost of imaging. The availability of the new ELiiXA+ and UNiiQA+ cameras with an NBASE-T™ connection offers a solution to this challenge, providing:
- High throughput – enabling high resolution and colour imaging without a frame grabber at speeds of up to 5 Gigabits per second (Gbps) over Category 5 standard cable and 10 Gbps over Category 6 cable
- Easy integration – compatible with GigE Vision protocol, Category 5 standard cable (in 5Gbps)
- Long-length (100 metres+), field terminable, inexpensive cabling – reducing costs and enabling easier integration in imaging systems compared with fibre optic cabling
- Compatibility with existing 1GigE systems and solutions
- To introduce these new cameras, e2v has partnered with Pleora Technologies, the world’s leading supplier of high performance video interfaces. Pleora
- Technologies was the first company from the machine vision industry to join the NBASE-T™ Alliance, a consortium collaborating on new technologies that extends the bandwidth capabilities of twisted-pair copper cabling using standard Ethernet technology. e2v is now a member of this innovative consortium.
Lionel Touchart, Marketing Manager for Line Scan Cameras at e2v, said, “We are delighted to have become a member of the NBASE-T™ Alliance, joining a worldwide network of companies focused on promoting and advancing this new interface, and to have extended our existing line scan families to include the technology. These new e2v cameras will offer our customers great value, with increased bandwidth and higher speeds, keeping their imaging systems competitive.”
To order a UNiiQA+ or ELiiXA+ colour line scan camera with an NBASE-T™ interface, please contact email@example.com
For media enquiries, please contact:
Jessica.Broom@e2v.com | + 44 (0)1245 453607
Notes to Editors:
Bringing life to technology, e2v partners with its customers to improve, save and protect people’s lives. e2v’s innovations lead developments in automation, healthcare, communications, safety, discovery and the environment.
e2v’s CMOS (Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor), CCD (Charge-Coupled Device) and EM (Electron Multiplication) image sensors, line scan cameras, camera modules and subsystems deliver high performance across many applications. e2v’s unique approach involves listening to the market and application challenges of customers and partnering with them to provide innovative standard, semi-custom or fully-custom imaging solutions, bringing increased value to their systems.
e2v employs approximately 1750 people worldwide, has design and operational facilities across Europe, North America and Asia, and has a global network of sales and technical support offices. e2v has annual sales of GB236M as at 31 March 2016 and is listed on the London Stock Exchange. For more information www.e2v.com